This is a straightforward technique for reducing posterior hip dislocations.
Key elements of the technique are:
- Flex the patient’s unaffected leg at the knee
- Flex the knee on the affected side, slide your arm underneath placing your hand on the knee on the unaffected side, and use this as the fulcrum
- Lift with your legs (avoid lifting with your back!)
- Gently internally/externally rotate the affected hip whilst lifting
- Ensure you have an assistant placing downward pressure on the pelvis/ASIS
(Visited 1,959 times, 1 visits today)