Junior Doctor Procedures Course – Module 2
REGISTRATION FOR THIS COURSE IS NOW OPEN!
This is a 1-day course limited to 6 participants only. This ensures you receive individualised, focused teaching of important procedural skills.
This course is suitable for:
- HMO/RMOs in PGY2 or PGY3
- Junior Registrars in Emergency Medicine, ICU or Anaesthesia
- GP Registrars working in ED
Who would like to learn and practice essential ED procedural skills.
Which procedures are taught in this module?
Module 2 of the Junior Doctor Procedures Course combines small group interactive discussions and hands on procedures training for the following procedures:
- Video laryngoscopy
- Arterial blood gas sampling
- Arterial line insertion
- Ultrasound guided IV access
- Local anaesthetic infiltration
- Nerve blocks: digital, facial, dental
- Joint reduction: finger, shoulder, patella
- Nasogastric insertion
- Lumbar puncture